my math professor:
- keeps saying "hell yeah, baby"
- writes "function" as "FUNction" with the corresponding emphasis and pause when he writes it
- went "eugh, robots" when someones siri went off in their pocket
- said "you see that show tidying up with marie kondo? every single one of these sparks joy in my heart" while going over a bunch of example problems
- said "we're gonna go ham on this then" while factoring a polynomial
more of my math professor:
"if you have a graph, don't worry about it. if you don't have a graph... start worrying." - on function symmetry
"The tech people they just, they don't respect me." - while wrestling with graph software
"I don't need no control panel, I'm just reading a book!" - while wrestling with adobe acrobat
"who the hell wants to cube like, negative three and do stuff to it like that."
"CAN YOU DIG IT!!" - upon graphing a function he thought was cool
the best part about the "CAN YOU DIG IT" line was him pausing and looking around to try to figure out if a room full of 18-24 year olds would understand a reference to The Warriors, before deciding it didn't matter and saying it anyway.
my math professor showed us an easier way to solve a problem, then wrote "ez way©" next to it on the board and said "yeah I copyrighted that shit."
"people learnin' shit in here? that's awesome"
I forgot to mention that every time my math professor gives us a quiz he says "please don't get anything wrong. it makes it so much harder for me."
IMPORTANT UPDATE: math professor has started saying "right meow" instead of "right now"
math professor update:
- his phone went off and his ringtone was the proto man theme
- said that supplementary and complementary angles were like "when you go into vitamin world and someone says 'wow, that creatine is really working out for you!'" then punched his desk really hard
- "if you guys think rice-a-roni is the san francisco treat, you're wrong. it's cilantro."
- "it's me, I'm the april fool today"
@prophet_goddess I CAN DIG IT
@prophet_goddess *... dig. dig it. dig yourself baby. forget it~"
@prophet_goddess ok your math professor for real owns
@prophet_goddess I like em
@prophet_goddess please tell me there are t-shirts with your prof's face on them
I'll wear one
This makes me wonder what stories students are going to tell about me when I start teaching. I suppose this is what I can aspire to.
@prophet_goddess hell yeah, i had an environmental sciences professor with the exact same sense of humor
@prophet_goddess Honestly math profs are real good
@prophet_goddess I like this guy.